Monday, September 17, 2007

Worst. Game. Ever



Wow.

I need to get this off my chest before I see any quotes from players & coaches tomorrow. I don't want to be influenced by the professional "quoters" on how they'll spin this loss. I just don't. They'll say something like, "we got jobbed by the officials" or "we didn't think they'd give us much of a run so we all got smashed the night before and played hungover." I'll fall for it and I'm not doing that this time.

That game where the Vikings lost to the Lions in OT was one of the worst football games I've ever seen, if not the worst. If you're somehow reading this and aren't a Lions or Vikings fan, you're the luckiest SOB on the planet. Some one word words that can describe that OT "thriller:"

Painful. Hideous. Repulsive. Ugly. Appalling. Sickening. Disappointing. Laughable. The most disgusting pile of football garbage I've ever watched. Ok, that was 10 words, but you get my drift.

I really don't even know where to start. Honestly. The only thing that you can say we did decent out of the whole stinking game, was our D-line played pretty well. Four sacks with a TD. Besides those consistent monsters, nothing else. Nothing! You say our secondary had three picks, right? How about that same secondary giving up 350+ yds in the air from Kitna and here it comes...JT O'Sullivan!!! Someone shoot me now. This is the same JT that we cut. That's right the Minnesota Vikings with the worst starting quarterback (more on him soon) and even worse QB bench CUT O'Sullivan. Didn't need him, we have that position covered. Whatever.

This might seem a little harsh and bitter since it is only week two, but I don't care. That was absolute filth on the TV screen. I would've rather taken the ACT test this afternoon then watch that nonsense. If we were playing any team in the top half of the league, we would have gotten beat by 30 today. No joke.

Ok, I'm done ranting, so now it's time to look at what needs to be done before next game to improve from this garbage to rubbish.

1) Tarvaris Jackson needs to stop playing like a Pop Warner QB and start playing some real football. Either he stinks or he really stinks. Tell me how you can throw 33 times for only 166 yds? Tell me how you can throw four picks vs. one of the worst teams in the league? Two games for T-Jack so far and he's looked bad and then horrible. Not a good start my friend (that's a loose word right now). I love Adrian Peterson, but I wouldn't mind Brady Quinn on this roster right now. I have a sinking feeling T-Jack might be bagging my groceries in a couple years. If that's the case, this project would be such a waste. Bottom line, he needs to improve...now!

2) 12 penalties for 96 yards. They were fine last week with this, but they went right back into their old habits today. This needs to stop. Most of the penalties I noticed were on younger players. Ryan Cook had an awful game with penalties and AP even had a few jumps. This can't happen on the road. You're shooting yourself in the foot to use the old cliche.

3) Our O-line had a bad bad game as well. It just keeps coming. It's like a storm that won't end. Sewers can't keep up with me right now. It looked like we were getting pushed around like dolls and we didn't open up any big holes for AP. Surprising, because the Lions D line sucks. A lot of money on that line and I'm waiting for these boys to earn it.

Improve on those three things, we'll win next Sunday vs. the Chiefs. Mark my words. They are a worse team then we are. They weren't worse today, no one was, but they're just bad. I'll be watching...obviously...so if we're better in all three of those categories, we'll be 2-1. Promise. Kidding, I don't promise, but that sounded cool.

We'll back early this week with some more banter. Probably more on the other teams in the NFL with a splash of purple, since this loss just needs to be ignored completely. Like the fact that I'm ignoring that the Packers are 2-0 and look goo......nope sorry cheesheads, I can't say it...

-Fuzz




No comments: